I bought a pork tenderloin a little while ago because it was on sale AND saved me $.30 per gallon of gas. I've never cooked one before, so I'd love any good recipes you have.
Also, any creative ideas or tips about cake/cookie decorating? I'll doing an activity with the Beehives in May where they wanted to learn how. I'll post the answers you give!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
One of the best ideas I have for cake decorating is to practice with cupcakes. In fact, some of the best birthday cakes for kids that we have had at birthday parties were actually cupcakes all decorated to like like one big cake but you could pull them apart and give them to kids without such a big mess. You can make caterpillars, flowers, race tracks, etc. I also have a cool volcano cake that had lava (made out of homemade suckers that we let harden flat and in lava shapes).
ReplyDeleteHey, I have a lot of recipes for pork tenderloin on the grill. We have tried a few on the grill and adapted some for the oven too. Let me know if you want more ideas...Here's one of them:
ReplyDeleteRUB:
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp chile powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground allspice
DIRECTIONS:
1. Trim excess fat. Allow to stand at room temp for 20-30 min before grilling. Lightly brush or spray with oil and spread the rub all over, pressing the spices into the meat.
2. Grill over direct medium heat until the pork is barely pink in the center, 15 to 20 min, turning every 5 min. Remove from grill and let rest for 3 to 5 min.
We love pork tenderloin. One meal we have is to cut it up and put it in a crock pot with sweet and sour sauce and pineapple chunks. I hate cutting raw meat so sometimes I just cook it whole and break it up before we eat.
ReplyDeleteAnother really yummy recipe is for pork burritos. You season the pork with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle all sides. Cook in the crock pot for 8 hours on low. Shred the pork meat and add sauce made with 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce mixed with 1/2 cup brown sugar. Let the sauce heat through. This is so good. You could also use it in a pork salad like Cafe Rio. I love this recipe. I've found you can use the whole can of enchilada sauce and it tastes good and you don't have to waste any of the sauce.
Mitzi